Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Numbers

As simple as I would like my life to be...sometimes...simple is just not in the equation. Maybe due to the blur of activity, lack of sleep, stress, etc. I find numbers running through my head. I am, as most are aware, a concrete, black and white person. Numbers fit that bill. They are very solid and reliable for a person like me. So, my blog tonight consists of some of these numbers that are floating around up there... and hopefully it will explain a little of our lives the last while.

53
The speed at which I was driving when our cat, Scamper, hurled herself from the top of the SUV.

13,564
Pictures I accidently uploaded on my ipod before heading to Idaho.

8
Flights Dave and I have taken over the past 2 weeks.

4
Unexpected days spent in the hospital with my mom.

3
Goals Pookie scored in each of his first two soccer games.

1
Karate graduation for Bubba who leveled up to a Green Belt.

2
Lessons Sis successfully completed in Piano. She really enjoys it.

12

Work days Dave has under his belt, back at Microsoft.

103
Kisses for Pookie before he would let me leave his side tonight.

5
Family members who made it to Dallas to visit- if only for a short while!

43
Kids who made me one proud Primary President on Sunday. The Sacrament Program was wonderful!

3
Women who I am priveledged to work with in the Presidency, You are amazing!

1
Tough Cookie for a Mom! You are the best example!

1
Husband who patiently deals with his busy, stressed, emotional wife. My hero!

Countless
Times I need to be reminded of all that I have to be grateful for.

258
bubbles I counted on Dave's screen saver the other night before I realized it was way past my bedtime...just like now...

2
Number of Nighttime Alkaseltzers I took to help ease the pressure in my head from my head cold....

I am fading...the numbers are floating away...good nighhhhhttttttttt

Bubba in karate

Lots of room for growth in that uniform!

Loved having the Pace's share a hot Dallas afternoon with us.

5 comments:

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

I too hate when I can't get a wink of sleep because there is SO much floating around in my head. I've started writing it all down to keep me from being TOO occupied at bed time. I love BLOGS!!

MM said...

thanks SO much for dinner! that was a surprise to wake up to. I wish you could have come in to see my baby. she's precious. stop by again sometime!

Susie said...

Loved your blog about numbers very creative you are. Congrats on being primary president. Does Dave have two jobs, I thought he quit Microsoft? You have been very busy. Thanks for sharing all you have been up too.

Mara said...

You always were so good at math. :) Love to see pictures of your kids. And it was so fun to hang with you last week. Good memories! Love ya- Mara

Pacefamily said...

I loved your "numbers." The same thing happens to me! I really miss you and love reading what's going on in your life... I'll talk to you soon... I owe you a phone call!