Friday, April 17, 2009

New Tradition



Now that the kids are old enough...too old they tell me for the traditional Easter Egg Hunt, we tried something different this year. A friend suggested that we do a 'flashlight Egg Hunt', making it more difficult to find the eggs for our 'advanced in age' children. So with more than 200 Easter Eggs, friends gathered, and a dark night, we moved forward with our plans. A storm loomed in the distance (for other Texans, you know that storms in Texas in April can mean chaos!) Fortunately, we didn't have to move our activity indoors, we made it inside just before the down pour, with all eggs and children in tow. The kids loved the added mystery and challenge of finding eggs outside around the house. Pros: we found several 'obvious' eggs the following morning. Cons- they were wet and muddy. Another negative- no cute pictures due to the lack of light! Will have to make this activity an annual event! 

Not a chance for outdoor Easter pictures this year- too much moisture!
This is what happens when three bodies have consumed an unnatural amount of sugar and are expected to sit for more than a few seconds (no matter how old they are getting!) 

5 comments:

The Fab 4 From Washington said...

We loved the flashlight egg hunt idea! We will definitely do that next year. And you can never be too old for an Easter egg hunt! Your kids look so grown up and as cute as ever! Still missing you!

katyvee said...

Now THERE'S a new idea.. though in our crazy farm town you're bound to step in a cowpie in the dark.
Your kids are so cute and grown-up.. the boys ties ROCK. My boys were ortified that I made them coordinate.. but I figure I feed and clothe them everyday.. they could coordinate for me one day.

Janet said...

Your kids are so darn cute! I love the coordinating outfits--I tell my kids it's our way of showing we're on the same team. :) Thankfully, even our oldest boys, don't mind. It made this mama feel very proud when I dropped them off at EFY today and noticed that they were "twins." Such a little thing but it makes me happy. Miss you lots!

Susie said...

Love the creative idea for the egg hunt. I was stumped this year as our kids our older, and it was hard to come up with something geared to there ages. I'll have to keep this idea for next year. Love the cute Easter outfits, your lucky you can do that. My boys dislike being dressed a like. Miss you all.

The Wallace Family said...

Hey Dave and Anna - love your blog!! I feel like I haven't seen you in ages when I look at how much older the kids are. Your family is adorable :)