Friday, March 12, 2010

The Problem with Poles

During our family dinner last night, Macy turned to me and wanted to know if I could see a bump on her forehead. I ran my fingers across it and told her that I felt a small bump and asked her what happened.
"Well, at recess today I was chasing Chloe in tag, Britta was behind me so I turned to see where she was and I ran into a pole. Mom! I was out for two minutes!"
From the other side of the table came Sawyer's voice,
"That's nothing Macy, I run into poles all the time."
Dave and I looked at each other, I am sure thinking the same thing about our two oldest who don't struggle with academics but apparently have a big problem with poles.

Here Liam is sporting his first shiner. He isn't even walking, sitting, or even rolling on a regular basis. It wasn't even me that accidentally ran him into a door way. No, I am a little embarrassed to admit that Sawyer gave him this marking. We were all laying on the bed, I was reading 'Lightning Thief' (one of Sawyer's favorites). Sawyer must have gotten quite engaged in the text because I saw him giving Liam what I thought were kisses on the forehead. Turns out he was sucking on the poor boys' head! This is what remains...

6 comments:

katyvee said...

Good thing you haven't installed one in the bedroom! (You haven't.. right??)

Amy said...

That is good blackmail that Sawyer gave Liam his first hickey!!!

The Wallace Family said...

Can't stop giggling!

Angel said...

awe how i miss, miss, miss this family. I can't believe that little Liam isn't very little and that his first hickey came from his big bro? hummm....

hope ya'll are doing well and missing me as much as i am missing you.

i am an RS teacher now - what the?

Susie said...

To stinkin funny, those darn poles!! That is crazy about Sawyer giving Liam a hickey!! Liam is so adorable!! Miss you guys! XOXOX

carlen said...

i showed Chloe that she was mentioned on your blog, just glad she wasn't the cause of the pole incident.

that is too funny that Sawyer accidentally gave Liam his first hickey!

your blog is definitely entertaining!