Sunday, November 2, 2008

Not so distant past...

I was introduced to this 'must' on the day of a Homecoming in Texas.
"Isn't she too young?" Dave asked as he pulled out of the driveway with his 2nd grade daughter, en route to school. Guess not, so I have been told. Everything seems bigger in Texas, including these 'mums' they wear. This is nothing compared to those in High School, I am told. Until MQ is old enough, I can wait...
We did happen upon something that isn't bigger in Texas...

Yes, it speaks big, "The Monster Maze!" It was, however VERY deceiving! It took us much longer to drive to this "Monster Maze" than it did to conquer it. Fortunately, we were of but a few visitors on this particular day. I just hope that they didn't hear our children complain, "That's it! A baby could have done that!" After we emerged a whole five minutes after entering the "Monster Maze". For most of it, Dave was taller than most of the corn stalks. We did encounter some interesting things along our way...



Sensing our disappointment in the maze, Farmer Joe, in true southern hospitality, hopped right over and offered us a complimentary hay ride which was immediately followed by pig races. He was quite entertaining. Dave and I decided that our money was well spent. Not because of the maze but because of Joe's desires to make our trip worth it. Maybe we will return next year when Hurricane Ike won't have wiped out most of the corn.

3 comments:

eva said...

Now that I see your pictures I have to laugh even harder at the picture you painted telling your story. I'm glad it had a happy ending.

Susie said...

That is a funny story, sorry it was a misleading maze. Sounded like you made the most out of it, it turned out a happy outing.

the buff and stuff said...

oh mum's, they had them in louisiana growing up too. i'm going to try to do all i can to talk my girls out of them because they sure are big! i must say that even just the picture of the is enough to skeleton sacre me, that thing is huge!